Nelson & Co., LLC is a small graphic design firm that specializes in print and web design products and services. Our web services center primarily around the development of WordPress based websites with the development of custom designed themes and extending existing plugins to fit specific requirements. We also specialize in web marketing services related to site optimization, submission, reporting and paid advertising campaigns. With this area of our business in mind, we are seeking a full-time web developer.
The optimal candidate:
- Lives within a reasonable commute of Sugar Land and has reliable transportation
- Is punctual, focused, efficient, motivated, multi-tasker, detail-oriented, trustworthy and hard working
- Has the ability to envision the end-product and develop towards it with the client’s ease of use in mind function-wise and with an appreciation for design aesthetics.
- Has at least five years of the following technical skills:
- PhotoShop & Illustrator
- HTML (incl HTML5)
- WordPress install, theme implementation, plugins, customization, meta boxes, and widgets
- Some SEO and PPC experience
The following skills are a plus:
- People skills for CSR type situations
- Graphic design experience
- MYSQL database
- Extensive SEO and PPC experience
- DNS management
Typically, time in this position will be spent doing 1-2 concurrent WordPress builds while handling requests with some level of urgency such as site fixes, updates, maintenance, reports, improvements, WordPress demos and taking support calls.
We offer a comfortable office environment in Sugar Land Town Square, reasonable pay, retirement fund account, vacation time, and health insurance.
For inquiries, please send resumes to: