Google did an update, named Penguin, which furthered their efforts to improve their ranking algorithm. Here are seven suggestions I received in an industry newsletter from Jag Infotech:
- Do not Spam websites with meaningless keywords in the content.
- If your website is displaying Ads on the top of the page, make sure they are accompanied with useful content.
- Improve your social presence.
- Work to increase time spent by users on the website and reduce bounce rate.
- Incorporate a blog on the website and update it weekly. It would be beneficial if you have your latest posts linked on the home page.
- Enrich your content with videos and pictures.
- Submit your website to Webmaster Central and notice if there are any issues being reported by Google. If any, eliminate them.
There are no suggestions we haven’t been focused on already, but proved some clarification and definitely substantiate our strategy.