Katy Web Development Case Study for Orleans Seafood Kitchen
Nelson & Co., LLC (N&C) has a long-standing relationship with Orleans Seafood Kitchen located in Katy, TX. As the name implies, Orleans Seafood Kitchen (OSK) offers cajun style seafood to its west Houston area patrons, and has been written up and commended for many of its entrees. As they grow and mature, so has their website. N&C has been fortunate to grow with them. In early 2017, N&C completed the third iteration of their site, OrleansSeafoodKitchen.com.
We have been fortunate to work with a great creative designer, Kris Kleis, and the two owners at OSK, Chance Comstock and Marcus Payavla, on this project which had a number of feature requests:
- Show events and promotions in a prominent place
- Offer gift cards
- Interface with a rewards program
- Connect and communicate with social media in a meaningful way
- Manage Email Club subsriptions
- Present Call for Pick-up information
- Show Daily Promotions
- Ability to post and feed newsworthy content to the site, social media, and through broadcast emails in an efficient manner
- Interface with online ordering and delivery services
- Make menu, address, hours and contact information easily accessible
We believe we accomplished these things, and we did it with a custom Word Press theme design. So frequently, the WordPress content management system (CMS) is paired with an off-the-shelf theme template, and we thoroughly enjoyed the ability to build a custom theme for this site. For reference purposes, a WordPress theme is what gives the site its structure, colors, fonts… the general layout.
In addition to the web development, N&C is tasked with hosting & email accounts, web maintenance, social posting and responses, broadcast emails and some basic SEO work … all part of N&C’s web maintenance and marketing retainer package. We are grateful for this long-standing relationship.